LABOUR IS HARD WORK. IT HURTS. YOU CAN DO IT. - Birthing from Within

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


I just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day.

I am very fortunate to be a mother of a lovely two year old.  

I also am lucky to have a profession as a birth and postpartum doula, where my job is to 'mother the mother'.  Simply put, that means I get to play a role in women becoming mothers by supporting them (and their partners) through the birth experience.  I also get to come to their homes and encourage them as they mother their new children and help their older children adjust to a new baby (or babies) in the household.

Clearly I have the best two jobs in the world.  As a mother and a doula.

I planted part of my garden today as a treat to myself.  I hope all the moms out there treat themselves today.  And a little bit everyday.  If you are pregnant or have a newborn, you can treat yourself by hiring a doula.  If you know a special mother (or mother-to-be) who could use this support, doula services can be given as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment